Rachel Drumm's Diary

This is the diary of me, Rachel Drumm. You're reading the diary of Rachel Drumm. You are NOT Rachel Drumm. You are quite obviously a snooper. So that will be your new name. Hello, Snooper, how are you today?

Sunday, March 11

Moment of honesty, relinquished

Troy asked me what bugged me
most about him
so that he could tell me what bugged him
about me.
I said that I hate when he passes the phone around
when he's talking to me on the phone.
You know,
something shallow that doesn't
attack
a person's character.
In return, I got
"I hate that you're
so
negative about everything.
I mean, no matter what, you always
expect the worst."
And so I paused & reflected.

In hindsight, I should have said,
"I hate the way you blow me off whenever I have problems, as if ignoring them makes it all go away. And I hate that when I try to talk to you about things that are important, you just cut me off and tell me to stop stressing out. I hate it when you pull my hair and when you put everything else before me because you assume that I'll always be here waiting by the phone for you to call me back. I hate the way you treat me and I hate that I'm too afraid to tell you this because I know you'll get pissed and leave me for good."
I should have said it.
But I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home