Rachel Drumm's Diary

This is the diary of me, Rachel Drumm. You're reading the diary of Rachel Drumm. You are NOT Rachel Drumm. You are quite obviously a snooper. So that will be your new name. Hello, Snooper, how are you today?

Monday, February 26

It's kind of like ebola.

Snooper, imagine this.
You have some sort of
incurable disease.
The only way to treat the symptoms
(you know, to make you feel better)
is to take this medicine that,
essentially,
makes this incurable disease even worse.
I have this incurable disease
and it's called
'being in love'
(god forgive me for this all being so cliche)
Either way.
I have this 'being in love' disease
and I've tried for the past
year
to make it go away, and I have decided
that it is rather
uncurable.
The only way to ease
the burning of my heart
(heart burn?)
is to (take tums?) surround myself
with
Troy.
He always makes things better
(most of the time)
and he's always there for me
(most of the time)
and I always love him
(all of the time).

But I know that if I did not
love him so
freaking
much
that I would
absolutely
hate
his
guts.

When he's not making me feel better,
he's making me feel worse,
and when he's not being there for me,
he's probably being there for someone else.
I'm cool with that though; a man has his priorities.
I just wish sometimes
that distance
didn't make a
difference
as to how much attention
I'm allowed.

He lives an hour and a half away from me.
Rather, I live an hour and a half away from him.
And it's hard.
But we both know it's worth it.
Eventually, we won't live so
far away
and maybe then, his second-nature
'out of sight, out of mind'
mentality will
vanish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home